We work independently for our clients to the highest industry standards providing the following services around the UK, Europe and Worldwide:
- Pre-purchase surveys
- Pre-sale surveys
- MCA Coding Surveys
- Hull and Deck Structure surveys
- Insurance Renewal Surveys
- Acceptance surveys
- Damage surveys
- Boat finder service
- Tonnage measurements
- Yacht delivery
Why UK Yacht Surveyors?
We are professional yacht surveyors - Accredited members of the Yacht Designers and Surveyors Association (YDSA), Members of the Royal Institute of Naval Architects (RINA), Full members of British Marine Surveyors Europe (BMSE), and authorised MCA Coding and Tonnage Measurement surveyors. Our surveys have been described by leading industry surveyors as the "best ever, setting new standards for yacht surveyors".
- Sensible advice, personalised to the client, illustrated with helpful notes to maintain vessel value, carry out repairs and operate safely.
- Professionally trained surveyors operating to the highest standards in the industry.
- Through YDSA and BMSE we have access to and share information with a network of leading surveyors with experience of almost every type of vessel and defect
- We encourage our clients to stay in touch and are happy to provide ongoing advice for no charge.
- We hold professional indemnity insurance and work in accordance with the YDSA Code of Practice.
Click here to see a sample Pre-Purchase Survey report.
‘I was stunned when I read your survey report. It is the best I have ever seen both in terms of content and presentation, at a completely different level to anything I have seen before and sets new standards for yacht surveyors’.- Paul Stevens, Fellow of YBDSA, Lead Instructor Practical Yacht Surveying Course IBTC Lowestoft, founding member of BMSE.
‘The report is a masterpiece. A key feature is the clarity of the matters requiring immediate attention and those that are recommendations for the future. The whole report is succinct, detailed, and easy to refer back to because of the index and hyperlinking key sections’- Douglas Knowlden, Rival 41A owner.
‘An example to us all…the hyperlink for recommendations and suggestions is brilliant… the appendices are very informative and completely relevant … you have gone more than the extra mile for your clients…’- Martin Evans, Fellow of YBDSA
‘I have never seen a report like this before!! It is totally comprehensive and beyond what I was expecting’- Douglas Knowlden, Rival 41A owner.
'A comprehensive and very timely report that gave me the overview I was looking for to make a decision on the purchase of my first boat with confidence and a solid basis for immediate repairs and future improvements. A very prompt and professional service.'- Steve Jones, BEng(Hons), MIET
‘Jonathan produced the most thorough and professional survey report that I have seen. Every issue had a suggested solution, carefully thought through and categorised. A pleasure to deal with.’- Steve White, skipper Toe in the Water 2008/09 Vendée Globe
- Why should I have a survey? What type of survey should I have? What does the survey cover? Osmosis and moisture readings? and more...